Enjoy 10 days in Faial, Pico, Terceira, and São Miguel Islands! On this tour, you will delight all your senses, while exploring the…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Delight all your senses, while exploring the wonders of Faial, Pico, Terceira and São Miguel Islands. Astonishing views like the Capelhinos Volcano, Arcos do Cachorro, the landscape of the Pico Island rock wall vineyards (a UNESCO World Heritage site), and the Furnas valley, will sure take your breath away. While touring the regions most enchanting places, we'll make sure to take you to its best wineries and cheese factory, so that you can savor its distinguish favor, not to mention that you will also enjoy get to experience a traditional cozido meal, boiled in geothermic ovens.
- Tours and guides on each Island.
- Enjoy a scenic 30-minute ferry ride to the island of Pico, admire the Island's basaltic landscapes where the vines grow intertwined with the volcanic rocks and taste locally produced wines.
- Learn about the biodiversity of Faial Island, admire its volcanic landscapes and explore its famous yacht harbor.
- Explore the city of Angra, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in Terceira Island.
- Walk through Ponta Delgada's cobblestone streets and admire the city's picturesque architecture and taste local delicacies in the Island of São Miguel.
- Discover the mountains and emerald lakes of ‘Sete Cidades’.
- Admire the breathtaking views at Lagoa do Fogo, visit a pottery factory and indulge tasting the Island's best liqueurs.
- Visit the mystic Furnas lake, delight savoring the famous cozido das Furnas, relax in the geothermal pools in the otherworldly beautiful Terra Nostra gardens and visit the only tea plantation in Europe.
- Featuring expertly selected hotels.
No details found.
Arrival to Faial Island
Welcome to Faial! You are transferred to your hotel and have the rest of the day at leisure to explore the Blue Island.
Pico Island Full Day Tour
This morning you will enjoy a scenic 30-minute ferry ride to the island of Pico. Towering over the island at 7713 ft. Montanha do Pico is Portugal’s highest mountain and at its base you will witness the basaltic landscapes where the vines grow intertwined with the volcanic rocks.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the vineyards of Criação Velha, classified as World Heritage by Uncesco, before visiting the Arcos do Cachorro (Dogs Arches) for some breathtaking views of the erosive influence of the ocean waves.
Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
Faial Island Full Day Tour
Start the tour with a visit to the “Caldeira”, a volcanic caldera 400meters deep and 2 kilometers wide, one of the biggest attractions on the island.
Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
End the day exploring Capelinhos Volcano, where you can still witness the effects of the eruption of 1957/58. Take the opportunity to stop by the interpretation center where you will learn about the social and economic consequences of that eruption.
Upon arrival to Terceira, you are transferred to the hotel. The remaining day is at leisure to explore the city of Angra, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. This small town was the Capital city of Portugal during the Liberal Wars and the capital of the Azores for almost a century.
Terceira Island Tour
Today’s journey takes you on a full day tour of Terceira, the Lilac Island.
Visit some emblematic historical sites, as well as explore Algar do Carvão, a volcanic vent located in the central part of the island.
Enjoy a sweet stop for some locally made Ice Cream.
São Miguel Ponta Delgada Tour
Transfer to airport for a flight to Ponta Delgada.
The day is at leisure for you to explore the city.
São Miguel Sete Cidades Tour
Today you will explore the western part of the island, stopping first at the pineapple plantations to observe how this tropical fruit grows on these islands in the middle of the Atlantic. Take the opportunity to indulge in a pineapple liqueur tasting.
On the way to Sete Cidades, a village known for its tales and beauty you will have the opportunity to take in the breathtaking view of the main lake, also known as, Blue and Green Lakes with a stop at Vista do Rei (Kings view).
You will enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant.
In the afternoon we explore the central part of the island of São Miguel, mostly known for its volcano which harbors Lagoa do Fogo, one of the most beautiful lakes on the island.
São Miguel Full Day Tour Furnas
Today’s journey begins with the beautiful seaside town of Vila Franca do Campo, the island’s governmental town in the XV century. Enjoy a taste of the famous Queijadas da Vila, a traditional pastry developed by nuns during the XVI century, before making your way to Furnas Lake. Here you will witness a traditional Cozido das Furnas (a meal cooked in sealed pots using the islands hot springs known as fumarolas) and have the chance to indulge in the famous cozido dish at a local restaurant.
The day will end with a visit to the Gorreana Tea Factory, where you will learn about the island’s tea industry, still operated by 19th century machinery. Enjoy a tasting of the famous green and black tea.
The day is at your leisure. You have the option of taking a half-day hiking/walking tour or even a whale watching tour from your hotel. Check out our add-on tours for more information.
Our final morning in the Azores is at leisure. We bid adeus to the beautiful Islands and hope that on the flight back you reminisce of the good times that you had on the trip.
- Round trip transfers from airport to hotels
- Nine nights stay at centrally located hotels
- Full American breakfast daily at your hotels
- Private tours
- Van with A/C in all tours and transfers (except walking city tour)
- English speaking guide in all tours and transfers
- Full day tour of Faial, including lunch
- Full day tour of Pico, including lunch, cheese, and wine tasting
- Full day tour of Terceira Island, including lunch and wine tasting
- Full day tour of São Miguel, including its traditional cozido lunch
- Ferry tickets between Islands
- Entrance to Terra Nostra Botanical Garden
No Details Found