Enjoy 10 days in Faial, Pico, Terceira, and São Miguel Islands! On this tour, you will delight all your senses, while exploring the…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Delight all your senses, while exploring the wonders of Faial, Pico, Terceira and São Miguel Islands. Astonishing views like the Capelhinos Volcano, Arcos do Cachorro, the landscape of the Pico Island rock wall vineyards (a UNESCO World Heritage site), and the Furnas valley, will sure take your breath away. While touring the regions most enchanting places, we'll make sure to take you to its best wineries and cheese factory, so that you can savor its distinguish favor, not to mention that you will also enjoy get to experience a traditional cozido meal, boiled in geothermic ovens.
- Tours and guides on each Island.
- Enjoy a scenic 30-minute ferry ride to the island of Pico, admire the Island's basaltic landscapes where the vines grow intertwined with the volcanic rocks and taste locally produced wines.
- Learn about the biodiversity of Faial Island, admire its volcanic landscapes and explore its famous yacht harbor.
- Explore the city of Angra, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in Terceira Island.
- Walk through Ponta Delgada's cobblestone streets and admire the city's picturesque architecture and taste local delicacies in the Island of São Miguel.
- Discover the mountains and emerald lakes of ‘Sete Cidades’.
- Admire the breathtaking views at Lagoa do Fogo, visit a pottery factory and indulge tasting the Island's best liqueurs.
- Visit the mystic Furnas lake, delight savoring the famous cozido das Furnas, relax in the geothermal pools in the otherworldly beautiful Terra Nostra gardens and visit the only tea plantation in Europe.
- Featuring expertly selected hotels.
No details found.
Arrival to Faial Island
Welcome to Faial! You are transferred to your hotel and have the rest of the day at leisure to explore the Blue Island.
Pico Island Full Day Tour
Enjoy a scenic 30-min ferry ride to the island of Pico. Towering over the island at 7713 ft. Montanha do Pico is Portugal’s highest mountain.
Visit the Wine Museum housed in an old Carmelite convent, then the Wine cooperative and indulge in a tasting.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the vineyards of Criação Velha, classified as World Heritage by UNESCO, before visiting Arcos do Cachorro (Dogs Arches) for some breathtaking views of the erosive influence of the ocean waves.
The day ends with a visit to the Azores Wine Company, a private winery that specializes in Premium Azores wines.
Faial Island Full Day Tour
Today you fly to the Island of Faial.
Your tour begins with a visit to the Botanical Garden.
Visit the Caldeira, a volcanic caldera 400 meters deep and 2 kilometers wide, one of the biggest attractions.
End the day exploring Capelinhos Volcano, where you can witness the effects of the eruption of 1957/58. Stop by the interpretation center to learn about the social and economic consequences of the eruption.
Upon arrival to Terceira, you are transferred to the hotel.
The remaining day is at leisure to explore the city of Angra, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. This small town was the Capital city of Portugal during the Liberal Wars and the capital of the Azores for almost a century.
Terceira Island Tour
Today’s journey takes you on a full day tour of Terceira, the Lilac Island.
Visit some emblematic historical sites, as well as explore Algar do Carvão, a volcanic vent located in the central part of the island.
Enjoy a sweet stop for some locally made Ice Cream.
São Miguel Ponta Delgada Tour
Transfer to airport for a flight to Ponta Delgada.
The day is at leisure for you to explore the city.
São Miguel Sete Cidades Tour
Today you explore the western part of the island.
First stop is a pineapple plantation. After your tour, indulge tasting the delicious pineapple liqueur.
Next stop is Sete Cidades, the most iconic landscape of the Azores Islands! While driving through hydrangeas covered roads, prepare to hold your breath as you arrive at Vista do Rei (King’s View) to admire one of the “7 Wonders of Portugal”, the mystical blue and green lake.
Last stop is a local restaurant to enjoy traditional cuisine.
São Miguel Leisure Day
The day is at your leisure. You have the option of taking a half-day hiking/walking tour or even a whale watching tour from your hotel. Check out our add-on tours for more information.
São Miguel Furnas Full Day Tour
Today you visit Vila Franca do Campo. Taste the famous Queijadas da Vila, a traditional pastry developed by nuns during the XVI century.
Next stop is Furnas, known for its geothermal pools and the famous Cozido (a meal cooked in sealed pots in hot springs known as fumarolas). Indulge in the famous cozido at a local restaurant.
After lunch, visit Terra Nostra Botanical Garden. Soak in geothermal hot springs and explore the exotic native vegetation.
Last stop is Gorreana Tea Factory to learn about the island’s tea industry and production, still operated by 19th century machinery. Enjoy a tasting of the famous green and black tea while admiring lush plantations and dramatic coastlines.
Your next stop is the mystic Furnas lake, known for its bubbling, geothermal pools and their use for preparing the famous Cozido Furnas (a meal cooked in sealed pots using the islands hot springs known as fumarolas). After seeing how the famous is made, you will head to a local restaurant where you will indulge in the famous cozido.
After lunch you will visit Terra Nostra Botanical Garden, an “English romantic garden” from the XVIII century, where you will have a chance to soak in the geothermal hot springs and explore the exotic and native vegetation of the Island.
We close your tour with a visit to the Gorreana Tea Factory, where you will learn about the island’s tea industry and the tea production, still operated by 19th century machinery. Enjoy a tasting of the famous green and black tea while admiring the lush plantations and dramatic coastlines.
Our final morning in the Azores is at leisure. We bid adeus to the beautiful Islands and hope that on the flight back you reminisce of the good times that you had on the trip.
- Round trip transfers from airport to hotels
- Nine nights stay at centrally located hotels
- Full American breakfast daily at your hotels
- Private tours
- Van with A/C in all tours and transfers (except walking city tour)
- English speaking guide in all tours and transfers
- Full day tour of Faial, including lunch
- Full day tour of Pico, including lunch, cheese, and wine tasting
- Full day tour of Terceira Island, including lunch and wine tasting
- Full day tour of São Miguel, including its traditional cozido lunch
- Ferry tickets between Islands
- Entrance to Terra Nostra Botanical Garden
No Details Found