- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Explore some of Portugal’s most historic cities on this small group tour. Discover the religious city of Fátima and learn the stories of the Virgin Mary’s apparition, visit the UNESCO-listed Monastery of Batalha, see the massive waves at the small fishing village of Nazaré, tour Tomar, the former seat of the Order of the Knights Templar, visit Sintra and its iconic Pena Palace and finish your excursion in the romantic city of Lisbon.
- Visit Fátima, one of the most popular pilgrimage sites in the world, attracting over 4 million pilgrims on any given year. A Pilgrimage to Fátima is a very spiritual experience as one visits the apparition sites and walks in the footsteps of the shepherd children.
- Stroll and enjoy lunch in Nazaré, Portugal's hotspot for big wave surfing, due to its 80 feet waves!
- Tour the beautiful city of Tomar, a city of great charm for its artistic and cultural wealth, whose greatest expression is in the Convent of Christ, one of the chief works of the Portuguese Renaissance.
- Be astonished by the Romanticist Pena Palace and have a stroll in Sintra, a UNESCO World heritage site. It was even necessary to create a special category for the purpose - that of "cultural landscape" - taking into account its natural riches as well as the historic buildings in the town and mountains. Endowed with luxuriant vegetation, the mountains are part of the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park.
- The tour ends in Lisbon, the stunning capital city of Portugal and one of the most charismatic and vibrant cities in Europe.
- Featuring expertly selected hotels.
- Learn about the history and admire the beauty of each place on guided tours.
No details found.
Date : May 11, 2023
Arrival to Lisbon, Full day tour
Bem-vindo a Lisboa! The stunning capital city of Portugal and one of the most charismatic and vibrant cities in Europe awaits to charm you with its rich history, blissed year-round climate and romantic nostalgia.
After arrival, you will have a full day tour of Tomar, the former seat of the Order of the Knights Templar. Tomar is a city of great charm for its artistic and cultural wealth, whose greatest expression is in the Convent of Christ, one of the chief works of the Portuguese Renaissance. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Date : May 12, 2023
Procissão das Velas
The morning is at your leisure.
Enjoy lunch in Nazaré, one of the finest beach towns of Portugal's "Costa da Prata'. Historically, Nazaré provided shelter to its fishing fleet. After lunch, you will be transferred to Fátima, where you can take a part of the beautiful and spiritual candlelight procession, Procissão das Velas. After this experience you will enjoy dinner in Fátima.
Date : May 13, 2023
Today you will be a part of the Fátima festivities, afterwards you will enjoy lunch. After lunch you will be transferred to Lisbon and check in at your hotel.
Date : May 14, 2023
Full Day Sintra
Today you will be visiting the idyllic town of Sintra. Here, you will be able to visit the famous Palacio da Pena, a romanticist castle, above the village. The castle has excellent views of Lisbon and the sea and is one of the most photographed places in the area. After visiting the castle you will stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you will be taken back to Lisbon to prepare for a Fado Dinner.
Date : May 15, 2023
The day is at your leisure. You have the option of taking an add on tour or visit the city on your own. Check out our add on activities and tours for more information!
Date : May 16, 2023
Today, you bid adeus to Portugal and reminisce on the flight back of the good times that you had on the trip.
- 2 nights in Hotel Tomar with breakfast
- 3 nights in Hotel Mundial with breakfast
- English speaking guide in all tours and transfers
- 4 lunches with drinks
- 2 dinners with drinks
- Single supplement
- Gratuities for guides and drivers.
No Details Found